The Tignor Group, P.A., is a full-service, privately-held professional association which offers comprehensive architecture, engineering, and planning services throughout the state of Florida. We strive to produce a product which will enhance and complement the site and surrounding community, as well as excite and inspire those who will use it. We are concerned, too, with project efficiency and feasibility, not only in the application of appropriate personnel, but also in the awareness of budgetary constraints and applied value engineering.
The Tignor Group, P.A., has served southwest Florida since its incorporation in 1990 and continues to commit its resources to the highest quality of professional services in disciplines of architecture, engineering, and planning.
Our offices have been located in downtown Sarasota for more than 20 years. We are currently located at 1255 South Tamiami Trail.
Our experience in FEMA flood revisions is second to none. We have been working on FEMA coastal flood map revision projects in Florida since obtaining the first local Letter of Map Revision (LOMR) in 1992. In the ensuing 25-plus years, we have obtained LOMRs in numerous Florida coastal communities on both coasts. In addition to FEMA LOMRs, our flood work includes FEMA Conditional Letters of Map Revision (CLOMRs), FEMA Letters of Map Amendments (LOMAs), and consultation regarding project siting relative to flood zones and the National Flood Insurance Program requirements. Since we have licensed professionals on staff in both engineering and architecture, we are uniquely qualified to help clients through the design and permitting requirements associated with habitable structures, all with an eye towards maximizing the best relief from building code requirements and flood insurance premiums. In addition, our coastal modeling includes wave crest and scour relief modeling for projects under the jurisdiction of the Florida Department of Environmental Protection Coastal Control Line program, erosion modeling, and all types of wave modeling. No firm has come close to processing as many private mapping revisions through FEMA in the Sarasota-Manatee area as has The Tignor Group, P.A. Below are excerpts from letters sent from a few of our clients.
We received today a check which represented an 88% refund on the flood insurance premium paid this year. I must give full credit for this achievement to your engineering expertise, in the computations involved and your personal persistence in pursuing this matter through the Washington bureaucracy.
Mr. G.W.G. McDonald, Director Gulf and Bay Condominium Association, Inc.
Thanks to the keen perception of The Tignor Group, P.A., Osprey Harbor Village has just saved more than $6000 every year in perpetuity.
The Osprey Harbor Village Board of Directors
Thanks, Stan and Kristy, for your superb technical expertise. You were great to work with and we are enjoying our insurance savings!
Mr. Stephen Huse, Bird Key, Sarasota, FL
Stan Tignor, N.C.A.R.B., President of The Tignor Group, is responsible for the firm’s architectural and planning work. For over 30 years, Stan has been designing high quality structures for southwest Florida. A native of Richmond, VA, Stan began his architecture career in Sarasota, FL after graduating from Virginia Tech. A longtime-member of the American Institute of Architects, Stan obtained his architecture license from the State of Florida in 1986.
The Tignor Group, P.A. has diverse architecture experience. Some of the areas of work include:
- Health care
Notable past projects include:
- Covenant Life Church – Sarasota, FL
- First Presidential Bank – Sarasota, FL
- Assisted Living Facility – Rockledge, FL
- Private Residences – Sarasota, FL
- Sarasota Convention & Visitor’s Bureau – Sarasota, FL
- Dettenmeyer Dental – Sarasota, FL
- Phillippi Harbor Marina – Sarasota, FL
- American Institute of Architects, Past Member
- Florida Association/American Institute of Architects, Past Board of Directors
- Florida Gulf Coast Chapter, American Institute of Architects, Past President
- Sarasota Kiwanis Club, Past Board of Directors
- N.C.A.R.B. Certificate #34,511
- Member First Baptist Church – Deacon and Praise Team
- City of Sarasota, Code Enforcement Board, Past Chairman
- Ringling Causeway Bridge Replacement Task Force, Past Chairman
Kristy Tignor, P.E., Vice President of The Tignor Group, P.A., is responsible for the firm’s general civil and coastal engineering activities. A native of Sarasota, Kristy combines almost 30 years of engineering experience with vast knowledge
of the community to perform effectively for her clients. Kristy’s specific technical experience has been in the areas of coastal, marine, planning, utility and drainage design, site and environmental design and permitting, transportation design, and construction coordination. Special expertise is in revetment, seawall, dredging, and dock design and permitting.
After graduating with a Bachelor of Engineering degree from Vanderbilt University, Kristy obtained her Masters in Business Administration degree from the University of South Florida. Kristy joined The Tignor Group, P.A., with her husband, Stan, in 1989. Kristy obtained her Professional Engineering license from the State of Florida in 1989.
Partial List of Engineering Projects:
- Sarasota County Maintenance Dredge Consultant – County-Wide Maintenance Dredge Projects
- Florida Department of Environmental Protection Approved Vendor for Coastal Projects
- City of Sarasota Hudson Bayou Maintenance Dredge
- Hyatt of Sarasota Docks, Maintenance Dredge
- Osprey Harbor Village Maintenance Dredge, Docks, Boat Launch, Kayak Launch
- LaBella Sara Multi-Family Dock Project
- Fisherman’s Cove Revetment Project
- Condominium on the Bay/Marina Suites – Docks, Dredging, Seawall, Kayak Launch, Wavebreak Wall
- Two Rivers Mobile Home Park – Bradenton
- Revetments 7400 Block of Manasota Key Road
- Board Member – Osprey Harbor Village
- Member First Baptist Church – House and Grounds Committee and Missions Committee
- Florida Engineering Society
- Society of Women Engineers
- Amercian Society of Civil Engineers
- Junior League of Sarasota, Inc.
- Mayor’s Streets and Roads Advisory Committee
- City of Sarasota Historic Preservation Board