Kristy Tignor, P.E., Vice President of The Tignor Group, P.A., is responsible for the firm’s general civil and coastal engineering activities. A native of Sarasota, Kristy combines almost 30 years of engineering experience with vast knowledge
of the community to perform effectively for her clients. Kristy’s specific technical experience has been in the areas of coastal, marine, planning, utility and drainage design, site and environmental design and permitting, transportation design, and construction coordination. Special expertise is in revetment, seawall, dredging, and dock design and permitting.
After graduating with a Bachelor of Engineering degree from Vanderbilt University, Kristy obtained her Masters in Business Administration degree from the University of South Florida. Kristy joined The Tignor Group, P.A., with her husband, Stan, in 1989. Kristy obtained her Professional Engineering license from the State of Florida in 1989.
Partial List of Engineering Projects:
- Sarasota County Maintenance Dredge Consultant – County-Wide Maintenance Dredge Projects
- Florida Department of Environmental Protection Approved Vendor for Coastal Projects
- City of Sarasota Hudson Bayou Maintenance Dredge
- Hyatt of Sarasota Docks, Maintenance Dredge
- Osprey Harbor Village Maintenance Dredge, Docks, Boat Launch, Kayak Launch
- LaBella Sara Multi-Family Dock Project
- Fisherman’s Cove Revetment Project
- Condominium on the Bay/Marina Suites – Docks, Dredging, Seawall, Kayak Launch, Wavebreak Wall
- Two Rivers Mobile Home Park – Bradenton
- Revetments 7400 Block of Manasota Key Road
- Board Member – Osprey Harbor Village
- Member First Baptist Church – House and Grounds Committee and Missions Committee
- Florida Engineering Society
- Society of Women Engineers
- Amercian Society of Civil Engineers
- Junior League of Sarasota, Inc.
- Mayor’s Streets and Roads Advisory Committee
- City of Sarasota Historic Preservation Board